Tales of the Times Blog

Welcome to our Blog. Check back regularly for new thoughts and conversations.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

dealing with loss during lent

Lent 2011 is upon us, and I am grieving the loss of a foster child that I had hoped to adopt a year and a half ago. It's funny, but the phrase “ashes to ashes” pretty much says it all about my mood these days. But like a friend said, “At least now you are in a season that synchronizes with your mood!” My friend always did have a way of nailing and naming things with her words.

2 comments:

  1. "Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
    whose trust is the LORD.
    He is like a tree planted by water,
    that sends out its roots by the stream,
    and does not fear when heat comes,
    for its leaves remain green,
    and is not anxious in the year of drought,
    for it does not cease to bear fruit."

    Jeremiah 17:7-8

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The mountains may depart and the hills disappear, but even then I will remain loyal to you. My covenant of blessing will never be broken," says the LORD, who has mercy on you. Isaiah 54:NLT

    ...verses I need tonight.

    ReplyDelete